Preventative A/C Maintenance
Preventative air conditioner maintenance can be beneficial to the everyday operation and efficiency of your system as well as improve the system's longevity. Preventative maintenance is recommended by air conditioning equipment manufacturers because of the potential savings in equipment and energy.
After prolonged usage, air conditioning systems can accumulate dust, dirt, debris, slime, algae, and possibly more. Unless inspected, cleaned and tuned-up on a periodic basis, problems such as condensate drain overflow, freezing up/icing, restricted airflow, excessive moisture, and premature rusting can occur. If not properly maintained, the additional and unnecessary strain on the air conditioning equipment can result in higher energy expenses and breakdowns.
Over time, the internal working of the AC unit can become dirty. Even with air filters, coils can become coated with dust. Because air conditioners remove moisture from the air, they contribute to the buildup of dust and debris on the coils and in the air handler. This further demonstrates why air conditioners must regularly be cleaned.
The easiest way to make sure that your home A/C maintenance is done correctly is to have it performed regularly by a qualified air conditioning specialist.
In between professional tune-ups, here are some things that you can do.
- Always be sure to disconnect electricity to the unit before starting any work
- Keep the outside condensing unit clear of leaves, sticks and debris
- With electricity turned off, rinse the compressor using a garden hose
- Change or clean the AC filters according to the manufacturer's instructions
- Check the fan belt tension and inspect hose connections for leaks and cracks
A/C Maintanance Plan
Regular air conditioner maintenance means improved system performance and the extended life of your system parts and equipment, as well as prevent costly and inconvenient breakdowns. The easiest way to make sure that your home AC maintenance is done correctly is to have it performed regularly by a qualified air conditioning specialist.
There are plenty of reasons to protect your air conditioning investment:
- Extended Equipment Life
- Manufacturer recommended
- Minimizes large, costly repairs
- Safer, cleaner, more reliable equipment
- Improved comfort and reliability
- Increased home value
- 10% discount on A/C and plumbing parts
- Minimize energy consumption
- 100% Transferable to new homeowner or take the Plan with you to your new home*
Included with your maintenance plan are the following services:
- Evaporator coil cleaning and inspection (if accessible)
- Blower assembly cleaning and inspection (if accessible)
- Drain line cleaning and inspection
- Test safety controls
- Air filter replacement (Owner Provided)
- Condenser coil cleaning and inspection
- Measure compressor amp draw and pressure
- Check electrical components
- Thermostat operational evaluation
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Monitor starting capabilities
- Measure temperature differential in cooling and heat modes
- Check Ultra Violet System
One Time Visit $99 | Semi-Annual $169/yr.
Inspection: Coverage does not begin until equipment has been inspected and approved by LaPensee Plumbing, Pools & Air. Equipment must be in compliance with current code and in good working order when approved for coverage. Any repairs required to put the equipment into acceptable condition will be billed to you at our prevailing rates.
Terms: The term of this agreement is 364 days beginning on the date of inspection. The customer will be given notification 30 days before end of agreement with the option to renew. No refund will be given on plans cancelled outside the 30-day cancellation period. Cancellations made within the 30-day period will be billed for the initial service call, plus any repairs, if any. The equipment will be subject to inspection annually and LaPensee reserves the right to change or not renew based on age and condition of the equipment. After the initial terms of the agreement expires, you the customer, or us the company, may cancel this agreement for any reason or no reason. No refund will be given for unused services.
Liability: LaPensee Plumbing, Pools & Air will not be liable for any loss or damages of any kind resulting from the failure or inoperability of a customers' system or equipment. LaPensee shall not be liable for any delay, loss or damage caused by unavailability of machinery, equipment or materials or deal of carriers.
Customer agrees to keep account current in accordance with current credit policy in order for this agreement to remain in effect. LaPensee reserves the right to withhold service for delinquent accounts.
This agreement is void if equipment is serviced by any person or company other than an employee of LaPensee Plumbing, Pools & Air.
Service calls resulting from Emergency switch being "OFF", blown fuses or tripped circuit breaker, unnecessary calls or lack of annual maintenance will be billed at our normal prevailing rates.
Customer agrees to make covered equipment accessible and free from any obstructions that deter proper servicing. Annual maintenance will only be scheduled during normal business hours, Monday-Friday from 8am to 4:00pm. Evening and weekend hours will be for Emergency calls only. Emergency service constitutes no cooling or water leaking where property damage may occur.